Sunday 4 January 2009

Selamat Tahun Baru 2009!



I'm dreaming of a White Christmas....
No, I'm not. Not anymore at least. And neither I dream of a white New Years Eve.
Poor You, who've been told, that this festive period can't be complete without snow powdering calmly from ths skies.. You shall believe it as long, as You believe in Santa, Easter bunny (not the Playboy version) and the four-leaf clover excluding Guiness shamrock of course!
Well, O.K. - it's still an option.. and hats off to all of You, who braved the hail, snow, rain, wind, below zero temperatures, mothers-in-law and other unforeseen circumstances to come out to greet New Year on its dawn. I however, who was always first one to get out in this bum-freezin' nite, have celebrated it to a slightly different tune this time.
How so?
I have simply not been cold. :)
I've been watching fireworks in 21C heat from the prime (forbidden at the time) location in Kuala Lumpur.
Petronas Twin Tower Fountain Park being closed, creates a great opportunity to trespass it of course. An opportunity not to be missed!
Even the guard, who has spotted shadows playing in the closed area of the gardens was somehow nice and let off... How inadequate for all these people looking from behind the fences..
One's loss is someone else's gain. Erm, would that be me this time?
This must be the start to a good year!
..which I'd like to wish to all of You!
2008 is dead. 365 days (long) live the 2009!
Selamat Tehan Baru - Happy New Year!

No comments: